Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Welcome!


Hey there, and welcome to my blog! I'm very new at all of this blogging nonsense, so please bear with me. This blog is really nothing more than a look into my life and the things that interest me, whether they be about medicine, photography, rock climbing, etc. I just recently graduated from medical school at Indiana University (YIKES), and will be moving to Wilmington, NC for a surgical residency program. My older brother (on the left) was a big influence in my decision to pursue surgery as a career, and I have him to thank for the initial interest in the field.

That's me in the middle. I'm a bit older now... :)

Photography has always been a big part of my family. Ever since I was a child, I remember my father (middle) always having a camera pointed at either my face or my mother's. I can even remember walking into the bathroom that my dad converted to a makeshift darkroom whenever he would get into his photography spurts. Needless to say, our family history is photographically well-documented, and it's only getting better. I had always held an interest in photography, and between my 3rd and 4th years of medical school, we had about 2 weeks off. My now wife can tell you that my threshold for developing symptoms of cabin fever is quite low, and after a few days of doing nothing, I had to do something. My other older brother (on the right) had recently purchased his first dSLR as well, a Canon xTI. He's been quite busy with photography, and his skills have evolved quickly and immensely. He now shoots with the new Canon 5DmkII, and his business is BOOMING. After years of using a point and shoot, the picture quality and shutter responsiveness of a digital SLR was...astounding to me. That was the final push for me into buying my first dSLR, a Canon 30D (which I still own and love).

*/plug* You can visit my website to check out more of my galleries. */end plug*

This blog will be a bit "back-blogged" if you will, starting from the first real pictures I took with my new dSLR until now. My little photographic endeavors will also be intermingled with random thoughts of mine, should anything interesting happen to me on any given day. So I guess this is more of a photographic AND personal blog, mixed in with a little tech-y stuff.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment