Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's ELECTRIC!

So back in June of 2008, we had a pretty large system of storms run through Indianapolis while I was still living there. From my apartment window, I had a nice view of the western sky, and this is what I saw. You could feel the electricity in the air, that sort of tense stillness that makes your skin tingle. As the clouds rolled in, I saw in the distance a multitude of cloud to ground, and ground to cloud return strikes. Apparently having nothing better to do, I ventured out into our open parking lot with a metal tripod and an electrified piece of photographic hardware. Maybe I shouldn't have become a doctor...

Luck must have been on my side that evening, as there was so much electricity in the air and virtually NO RAIN, that, other than the occasional thought of being the 1 in 700,000 people struck by lightning that year, this would be a great thing to add to the portfolio. These were the best of the best...









This last one was the one that sent me inside. Not because of immediacy of danger as the storm drew near, but more so because I crapped my pants and was no longer comfortable standing in plain view of the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment