Friday, June 26, 2009

Sutter Wedding - First Ever!

So I decided to try my hand at wedding photography. I was pretty lucky, in that my brother booked this wedding, and asked me to be a second shooter. This was a less traditional wedding...small, intimate, and "less stress" than many other weddings. But was I less stressed about this? Good God no.

The more I thought about it (and this may already be obvious to many), the photographic documentation of this day is the first photo album for this new family. And if it sucks...well, they'll remember that forever, and THAT will be essentially their memory of their wedding. Crappy photos. So...holy crap, was I nervous. I was essentially the 2nd shooter, taking photos of a lot of the details of the wedding; flowers, table settings, and also different angles of primary events.










After taking and processing this picture below for display (even though it may not be that good), I realized that I really enjoy the transformation of the bride from a "regular person." The details of makeup, hair, dress, shoes, etc. was something I often find myself documenting.





The ring picture below is still, to date, one of my favorite ring pictures I've ever taken.











I love it when a venue has balconies from which to get higher angled shots. Coupled with shots from the primary shooter, these combinations really add a photojournalistic feel to the album as a whole.









No comments:

Post a Comment