Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Meet Trisha!

Another try at this whole modeling thing. My buddy Paul actually set this shoot up for the both of us, as Trish is one of his friends. She's a professional salon artist, hence her hair was outstanding. At this point in my evolving photography, I had just purchased a 42" silver/gold reflector. We shot early in the morning at the IMA Gardens in Indianapolis. It is an incredible (and very VERY popular) place to shoot. I think for the few hours we were there, we saw about 4 senior shoots, 5 engagement shoots, and a wedding shoot happening. Insane.

A big learning point from this shoot was manipulating light and how it changes the photo. The reflector definitely helped fill in a lot of shadows, and gave a lot of life and energy to the photos. Not to mention the sun was a GREAT hairlight. Paul was a great help, and I also assisted him with his shots as well. All in all, Trish was a joy to shoot, and she really enjoyed the photos we produced for her. And of course, this was another one of those "for the hell of it" shoots.

Caveat: In previous posts, I called myself a photographer I think. I don't really like that term for myself at this point, as I'm more of just a "GWC," or "guy with camera." I just take photos...


















No comments:

Post a Comment