Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another modeling shoot...my wife

Another attempt from me at modeling, this time with my most willing and beautiful model...my wife. Of course, when I first obtained my camera, she no longer saw my face, but rather my face with a camera attached to it. I would not put it down, and always had it pointing at her, adjusting settings, seeing how that would affect the picture, and do it again. Things that normally took her an hour to do suddenly tripled because I would constantly interrupt her with, "hey honey, look at me. Don't move. Ok." Wash, rinse, repeat.

Lucky for me, she was (for the most part) very patient with my learning my new toy. Pretty soon, these impromptu "hold still" photosessions turned into "hey let's go to the park and do a short photoshoot" and "hey let's set up a makeshift studio and do a short photoshoot." These few (of thousands) were some of the better results from these impromptu sessions. A few with natural light, and a few with a 2-speedlight setup with Elinchrom triggers.





These next few were attempts at half-profile headshots. I had seen this done many times before, and had always loved the way the photo gave a mild sense of tension and mystery, as the subject's face was half obscured, either by shadow or by the frame of the photo.













No comments:

Post a Comment